- Sign our pledge of support!
- Share the TRUST films on Facebook and Twitter, or by e-mail. Just click the "share" icon in the upper right corner of the video and follow the instructions.
- Attend a hearing in your state. Many of the hearings have opportunities for public comments. The hearing dates are updated on this website to keep events current. If you would like more information, please contact us.
- Ideal for youth and adults, FISH TANK, by Scott Bischke, is an insightful allegory about the human condition, tackling issues of politics and power, limited resources and climate change. It is now available on Amazon, and by purchasing it through the OCT website, you'll help our campaign.
- Teach kids about their right to inherit a healthy planet. Youth have the most to lose, if we continue "business as usual" in emitting greenhouse gases. By the end of the century, kids born today might live in an ice-free world. Their democratic government has a duty as a trustee over public resources to protect that public property for this generation, but also future generations. Kids can't vote and don't have money to lobby, but they have a legal right to a healthy atmosphere, to the planetary resources we were fortunate enough to have. Our kids' planetary inheritance is being wasted.
- Reduce your CO2 emissions by 6% each year and plant trees. Let's model what our government need to do and demand that they do the same. In order to return atmospheric CO2 below 350 ppm, the world needs to reduce global emissions by at least 5% per year and reforest our land and protect our carbon sequestering soils. Do a carbon accounting and make a carbon budget. Then tell your city and your state to do one too!
- Make Arriving by Bike a habit. Teaching kids to bike commute gives them a wonderful life skill. Push your community to make biking safe and easy.
- Make "Low-Carbon Parenting" your goal. So much of what we do as parents in the 21st century is centered around transporting our children around in vehicles and buying carbon-intensive goods. We do it with all good intention and love. But living a more sustainable and local lifestyle is one of the most important things we can do to care for our children and to protect their future. Parent as if the future matters.
- Donate. If you have the means, we need financial partners!