- Join our Contest and write a letter to President Obama and ask him to meet with the youth plaintiffs in the federal case and the climate scientists who are supporting them, in order to discuss a comprehensive climate recovery plan. E-mail this link to your family and friends so they can contact the President as well! You can request a TRUST DVD from us at email@example.com to send along with your letter.
- Share the TRUST films on Facebook and Twitter, or by e-mail. Just click the "share" icon in the upper right corner of the video and follow the instructions.
- Attend a hearing in your state. Many of the hearings have opportunities for public comments. The hearing dates are updated on this website to keep events current. If you would like more information, please contact us.
- Join the TRUST Campaign and spread the youth message. "Live as if the Future Matters." And to our governments, "Govern as if the Future Matters." We are looking for mothers, lawyers, scientists, activists, artists and anyone willing to get involved and stand up for future generations. Contact us and find out more.
- Teach kids about their right to inherit a healthy planet. Youth have the most to lose, if we continue "business as usual" in emitting greenhouse gases. By the end of the century, kids born today might live in an ice-free world. Their democratic government has a duty as a trustee over public resources to protect that public property for this generation, but also future generations. Kids can't vote and don't have money to lobby, but they have a legal right to a healthy atmosphere, to the planetary resources we were fortunate enough to have. Our kids' planetary inheritance is being wasted.
- Reduce your CO2 emissions by 6% each year and plant trees. Let's model what our governments need to do and demand that they do the same. In order to return atmospheric CO2 below 350 ppm, the world needs to reduce global emissions by at least 5% per year and reforest our land and protect our carbon sequestering soils. Do a carbon accounting and make a carbon budget. Then tell your city and your state to do one too!
- Make Arriving by Bike a habit. Teaching kids to bike commute gives them a wonderful life skill. Push your community to make biking safe and easy.
- Make "Low-Carbon Parenting" your goal. So much of what we do as parents in the 21st century is centered around transporting our children around in vehicles and buying carbon-intensive goods. We do it with all good intention and love. But living a more sustainable and local lifestyle is one of the most important things we can do to care for our children and to protect their future. Parent as if the future matters.
- Donate. If you have the means, we need financial partners!